Sometime, you might have to hit up technical support to fix something. Maybe one morning you get the blue screen of death, or you receive one of those terrifying blunder messages on your screen. Or on the other hand perhaps you attempt to turn your PC on and…nothing. Maybe it’s not your PC by any means, but rather your site is totally down and you need to settle on that decision to your website specialist or web facilitating organization.
I’ve been on the two sides of that panicky call and there are 7 things you can do to assist with settling on that technical support decision somewhat less unpleasant:
1. Try not to overreact This is simpler said that done when you’re PC’s out of commission and you’re gazing intently at the barrel of a cutoff time. Be that as it may, things will be less upsetting in the event that you don’t go crazy. Odds are good that the issue isn’t close to as awful (or costly) as you suspect.
2. Check the undeniable before you call-One of the primary things that your tech individual will have you do is to check for clear reasons for inconvenience. Like is your PC connected? Or on the other hand is the flood defender your PC’s associated is turned on? Are every one of the links emerging from your PC connected tight? Or on the other hand are entering your secret key in accurately? Or on the other hand do you have the “Covers lock” key on while you’re entering your secret word? They have you gone through this drill on the grounds that multiple occasions the basic stuff is the issue. So go through a portion of the conspicuous reasons for inconvenience before you get the telephone.
3. Get ready If you have any guarantees or administration contracts get together those materials before you call. It will save you a touch of time in the event your tech individual demands this data. You may likewise require the chronic number for your PC. These are normally situated on a sticker put on the back, base, or side of your PC or they are situated in your PC enlistment desk work.
4. Be just about as unambiguous as conceivable Simply saying “My PC’s not working” isn’t just useful. Technical support as of now expects that your PC isn’t working since you wouldn’t call just to say howdy. What they need to know is “how is your PC not working?”. You should be pretty much as unambiguous as could really be expected. Will your PC not start by any means? Is the issue that you can turn the PC on however it could go past the startup screen? Maybe you can move beyond the startup screen yet you can’t open up a specific program? Portray your concern beginning to end; what you were doing when you experienced your concern, what your PC does, and assuming there are any extraordinary circumstances that appear to concur with the issue.
5. Record mistake messages-Usually when something turns out badly, you’ll get some sort of blunder message that endeavors to let you know the issue. In the event that you can’t figure out the message, carve out opportunity to get it on paper. It might mean something to the tech individual you’re conversing with and it could assist them with diagnosing the issue somewhat quicker.
6. Make note of any new changes or episodes Sometimes the reason for your PC inconvenience is something changed on your PC or some occurrence that has happened as of late, for example,
the expansion of new equipment (printer, scanner, hard drive, memory, and so on)
the expansion or cancellation of programming
a power disturbance or power flood
the expansion of cancellation of a help
programming overhauls or security patches
At times changes like this can create a few unanticipated issues with different things that could conceivably appear to be connected with your concern. While you’re conversing with your tech individual, make them mindful of any progressions or increments you made before you began having issues. They’ll have the option to let you know if these progressions are connected with your difficulty.
7. Keep takes note of A ton of times a call to the help division implies that you’ll invest a great deal of energy on the telephone being sent starting with one individual then onto the next. Keep notes on who you converse with, when you conversed with them, and how they’ve analyzed the issue. In the event that you find that you need to continue to call the help office or on the other hand assuming you have to a maintenance individual fix your PC face to face, these notes will prove to be useful.